Autopsy 4.13 not add a new data source in new case (Win10)

Hi. When I create a new case in Autopsy 4.13 I cannot add a new data source because the options window simply does not appear. I run Autopsy 4.13 under Windows 10 in administrator mode. I had to install version 4.12 to be able to work. Anyone had the same problem? and how did he solve it? Thank you. Greetings from Argentina.

1 Like

So nothing shows up if you use the “Add Data Source” button or go to Case->Add Data Source? Does the cursor stay as a wait cursor (which is what should happen while the panel is loading) or does it go back to normal and allow you to click on other things?

Can you check the logs to see if maybe there’s something in there? Go to Help->Open Log Folder and see if there are any errors in autopsy.log.0.

1 Like

Mafud, go to the following directory and delete the config folder. Restart Autopsy and it should be there

C:\Users<user profile>\AppData\Roaming\autopsy\config
Sam

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your response. This situation occurs to me when creating a new case. I can compete the assistant forms (case number, etc.), but when it finishes, the cursor remains spinning endlessly. It is only in Autopsy 4.13.0 under Win10-64bits. Autopsy 4.12.0 and later works correctly in the same environment.
thanks again.

Hi, thanks for your response. I installed Autopsy 4.13.0 again and deleted the folder you indicated. The problem continues. I can open old cases, but when I try to add a new data source, the mouse cursor starts to rotate and nothing appears. It just stays that way. Thank you very much again.

The other thing you can do is uninstall Autopsy all versions if still installed, and then follow the path above and delete the Autopsy folder. Restart the computer and reinstall. Keep one thing in mind, if you delete the folder you will delete any history index files for prior cases. If you have cases you processed with Autopsy, you will need to rerun the keyword module for indexing for each case. Let me know if that works.

Hello! Have you solved this issue? I have exactly the same problem in Autopsy 4.14. No solution until now (windows 10 Pro).