Section 7 Lab 7 Quiz

Hi all,

for the lab question 1, inside my EXIF metadata don’t have any pic use iphone 7 plus also…how come my ans was wrong, any solution?

and I also can’t find the archive.zip file and also D3D11_Default.shader-db.bin, i already use File Search by Attributes dialog box from the Tools menus. but still cannot search.
Any solution?

How can i got the complete information during i run ingest modules? so that i can passes my quiz
i am beginner using Autopsy, i hope anyone or tutors can give me an idea to solve my problems.
Thanks…

Hello, we will not give answers away, but everything that you need to answer your question(s) is covered in the lab steps, or in the video, for this section

for the lab question 1, inside my EXIF metadata don’t have any pic use iphone 7 plus also…how come my ans was wrong, any solution?

It looks like your UI is not refreshing, please close Autopsy, and restart it. There should be more data that has populated than what is in your screenshot.

and I also can’t find the archive.zip file
We suggest watching the video, and following the steps listed in the lab, in order to find this file

and also D3D11_Default.shader-db.bin, i already use File Search by Attributes dialog box from the Tools menus. but still cannot search.

We suggest watching the video for the section again, and you will see how to search for a file, if you have the name of a file.

i have the same issue also in lab6 i only got 2 hashset hits , and in this lab i could not find the archive.zip anywhere. or pics using iphone 7 and summonsing galaxy

i do reopen autopsy but still getting the same less result than what i should get

thanks

Hello,

Lets work on you getting the answers one post at a time, first is the file “Archive.zip”.

This is assuming you ran the File Type ingest module, as per the instructions.

You appear have Views-File Types populated, so browse to that and find the applicable file type by extension.

For your second question it looks like you did not let the EXIF Module run all the way, as you only have some of the data populated. Run that module again.

NOTE: Its probably a good idea to run ALL of them again to be honest, because it doesn’t look like all of the data that you have listed is populated with the results that it should be populated with.

i looked under the MIME type under zip type there are only 4 files and archive.zip not there, even after rerun the modules and wait till finished . still not all the results there !!

i tried ti install autopsy in another machine and run the the modules but get the same result not all data there, also i rerun the modules more than 3 times nothing change still don`t get the results i should have.

how to fix this issue ?
thanks

If you are continuing to have issues, try downloading the image files again. They may be incomplete or corrupted.

i looked under the MIME type under zip type there are only 4 files and archive.zip not there, even after rerun the modules and wait till finished . still not all the results there !!

Also, you should have more than four(4) entries under MIME Type - Application - zip.

Everything that you have listed so far strongly suggests that your image file(s) is not complete and/or corrupted, and this is likely causing the incompleteness issues that you are seeing and posting.

Thank you