Section 6 Lab Quiz

Question: How many total “.jpg” files are in the folder “Pictures” where the notable hash hit was found?
non of the option is correct, the Hashsit hits detect 6 file but only 1 file location point to Pictures folder. Am i missing something here or what.

1 Like

Hi ,
Please follow these steps and you will find correct answer

click on “Image /videos” on ths task bar( under the menu bar)
A new window will open and then clcik on the button “only has hits”.
You wills ee three folders / file (spam and trash, Desktop/pictures, Cache).
You have to click on the the pictures and then you will see 7 pictures on the right hand side. and that is correct answer.
Tahir

1 Like

Hi All,
can some one tell me how we ogt the question 1 answer
“How many total hits are found under the “Hashset Hits” results after running the Hash Lookup Ingest Module?”

After you run the Hashset module you will find a number between square brackets, this is how many hit found by hash module.

Can you share the image for me please, I cant get it

Pasted Graphic

2 Likes

Thanks white beard,
I got ransome case (8), so I was bit confused.
Thanks again,
I really appreacite that
Tahir

I got just 2
Thanks
Leandro

Good morning, everyone, I’m not seeing any results.HashSet

So my ingest gets to 86% and just hangs there - no hash hits, nothing. Anyone? Ferris? Anyone?

1 Like

I have been stuck at 1% for over an hour. Autopsy did the same thing last night. I shut down and reloaded the project and still getting stuck. Running an i7-8750H @2.2GHz with 32GB ram.

1 Like

Same Problem here, it says “configure my Central Repository”? how am I suppose to do that? thank you in advance for answering

IIRC there were 6 files but not all were .jpg files

Hi Tahir,

I just got 10 cases, is that correct answer?

Also i can not find this question answer
One of the hits is in a folder named “Pictures”. Right click on the file to “View” there.

Please help me.

Hi
Thanks for your email,

Some time you run the things again and then it does this , this has happened to me, but you dont need to worry, the purpose of the exercise is how you utlisie this product,

1. Select the hashits tree node that has a count in its name
  2. Review the details pane
  3. Find the file that has the required path
  4. Right-click that file and choose ‘View in Directory’

same problem here but, 2% instead… have you fix it?

I ended up closing down the project. Restarting my computer and then reloading the project. Ran smooth after that.

It worked also to me. Thanks for the hint!