Central repository error message

I downloaded the latest version of Autopsy (4.14.0) on my Windows 10 machine. When I go to the Options menu to try and configure a central repository (SQLite) and set it to my local desktop, I receive an error message that states the following:

“Failed to read schema minor version for Central Repository. The Central Repository has been disabled.”

Does anyone know how to resolve this? I failed to find anything helpful from Google. Interestingly, I recently had an older version of Autopsy (4.5) installed that did not throw out this error when I followed the same steps.

I believe at some point the Central Repo schema changed in a way that could not be upgraded for newer versions of Autopsy, but I’m not positive. If you made a CR with Autopsy 4.5 and it’s failing to open with 4.14 that may be the issue. Does it work if you try to make a new central repo in a different spot? Or move/delete the one in the default location and make a new one there?

I tried deleting the older version of Autopsy and the central repository I made with that version before testing the process again on 4.14, but the same error message came up when I used the DEFAULT storage location for the new repository. However, when I changed the default location to a different one on my Desktop it worked. I’m not sure what was wrong with the default location, but all is well now. Thanks for your reply!