Not showing attached devices

I am using Autopsy 4.14.0 for Windows:

Product Version: Autopsy 4.14.0 (RELEASE)
Sleuth Kit Version: 4.8.0
Netbeans RCP Build: 201609300101
Java: 1.8.0_222-1-ojdkbuild; OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 25.222-b10
System: Windows 10 version 10.0 running on amd64; Cp1252; en_US (autopsy)

I am following along with the official training videos. First THANK YOU TONS for opening those up!!! I have ran the Recent Activity Ingest Module (as per section 8 labs).

Everything appears to be reporting correctly except for the attached devices. There is no Attached Devices sections under the Extracted Content listed in Results. I re-ran the module a second time and still that section is not showing up.

Any ideas why this is not showing up? I am seeing multiple report files from the RegRipper and everything else that I am told to identify from that module is showing up under Extracted Content.

Thanks!

1 Like

I have an Autopsy 4.14.0 and I realized I too don’t have it along with Installed Programs. Would really appreciate if someone else can also attest to it.

Others have reported the same problem and have restarted Autopsy to fully populate the results. It appears to be a UI refresh issue with the Autopsy database.

I left the program open and did some googling for the issue and posted this. Went back about 15 minutes later and it was then showing up. Looks like it just took about 10 or so minutes after the progress bar had shown finished for it to then appear.