Section 6 Lab issue

I believe so, I even tried to completely remake the case, configuring the ingest modules with the hash set in the very beginning before anything started running to be sure

I do see that there is a checkbox in the import dialogue “Make hash set read only” that would certainly prevent adding a new hash to it, but that’s checked and not uncheckable for me. Maybe I can try to change the idx file permissions before import…

I think it might help to post a screenshot showing exactly what is disabled on your screen.

I’m growing more and more certain it has something to do with the read-only nature of the hash set, but the only way to edit that check box during import is to change the destination to central repository instead of local, contrary to the lab instructions, which takes a good while on its own.

I am too busy at the moment to test it, but I suspect you can’t add hashes to an index file. If your imported file is a .idx you’re probably not going to be able to add to it. If you make a new hash set you should be able to add to it.

Sounds good, will do that instead. Thanks for looking!

facing same issue and wasted 24 hours on it …have u found a solution ?

facing same issue and couldnt fine a solution yet

Hello,

You cannot add hashes to an indexed file (.idx) file that is added to the case. That is why the buttons are grayed out.

Please follow the directions in the lab and create a new hash set. Please do not try to edit an imported hash set.

Thank you